WHAT THIS IS:
This is a disclosure required by federal law which is intended to tell you (among other things):
- Where we get information about you (our sources);
- What we do to protect the information about you; and
- What our policy is about sharing information about you with others.
WHO YOU ARE:
This policy applies to you if you are a customer of ours.
A "customer" is a natural person (not a corporation) who - for personal, family or household purposes - has or recently had a financial product with us, such as a mortgage loan
Here are other terms we will use in this disclosure:
Information means nonpublic personal information, a technical term that generally means
- Information that can identify you;
- That is not available publicly; and
- That we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you.
We will use the word information to mean nonpublic personal information.
Affiliates are companies that are related to one another by ownership, common ownership or control. For example, if one company owns or controls another company, they are affiliates of each other.
Nonaffiliate means a company that is not an affiliate of another company and it also means a person who is not an employee of a company.
Opt out means a choice a person can make (in certain cases) to prevent a financial institution from sharing information about that person with others. (You do not have a right to opt out because we do not share information about you for marketing purposes.)
If you have a joint account with us (for example you are, or you have, a co-borrower on a loan), you should share this notice with the person who shares your account. He or she may not get a separate notice.
SOURCES FOR INFORMATION
We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information you might provide us on applications and other forms;
- Information about transactions we might conduct for you;
- Information about your transactions with nonaffiliated third parties; and
- Information from consumer reporting agencies.
WE DO NOT SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH ANYONE EXCEPT AS REQUIRED OR PERMITTED BY LAW.
We have the same policy against disclosing information about former customers as we do about current customers.
We restrict access to the information we have about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information (We are required to do so by federal regulations.)
We can change this policy but we will tell you in advance if we do, and we will explain any further rights you might have at that time.
WHO WE ARE:
Throughout this disclosure, we means Metro Mortgage Corporation.